We understand that it can be difficult to find the right people to grow your business. Our graduate internship grants offer the financial support needed to help you derisk the recruitment process.
- Offer the companies in our EnterprisePlus network the opportunity to find employees with the necessary skills and expertise to grow their business
- Promote SMEs as potential employers and help grow the number of employees in industry
- Increase our EnterprisePlus companies' capacities to complete short and long term projects
- Increase understanding of the work being done by SMEs working in the chemical sciences
The grant scheme is aimed at companies who are looking to recruit a full time chemist with a minimum of BSc Chemistry (or equivalent). Interns must be recent graduates or individuals returning to work from a career break.
Internships can be an effective tool for you to recruit skilled graduates or returners. 自从计划开始, 60% of our funded interns have stayed on at the company after the end of their internship.
We have found that interns can increase a company’s capacity to progress short and long-term projects. 除了, existing staff can develop skills through intern supervision and interns can bring new skills and a fresh perspective.
Our EnterprisePlus companies can apply for exclusive grants that will contribute to the salary of an intern for 3 or 6 months.
As part of their graduate internship grant, successful applicants will receive:
- £4,200 towards the intern's salary (irrespective of the duration of the internship).
- 为Recruitmentintern提供免费的Recruitment广告 365体育娱乐平台网址世界的工作 和社交媒体.
An internship is a fixed-term placement offered by organisations to potential employees. An internship is different to a student placement and as such is only offered to a person no longer in education, i.e. 它应该提供给那些寻找全职工作的人.
Interns should receive on-the-job training from an experienced supervisor and an opportunity to apply skills learnt at university in the workplace. An intern in a business is entitled to at least the National Minimum Wage and may qualify for employment rights if conducting regular paid work for an employer, 看到 政府.UK 为进一步的细节.
Our graduate internship grants are intended to cover the salary of an intern working on a fixed term internship project and the application will be assessed on the basis of the quality of the technical project, 还有一些资格标准.
我们的助学金全年向申请人开放, 2022年1月1日起, ensuring that you can apply at a time that suits your business' plans to grow. 您可以通过我们专门的应用程序门户申请, where you will be able to track the stage of your internship grant and complete the necessary forms we require for your recruitment and payment.
请注意, 如果你申请成功, 我们将给3个月的Recruitment时间. 如果你预计需要更长的Recruitment时间，那么你将需要 365体育娱乐平台网址.
如果你之前获得过实习资助, you can apply for another grant 12 months after the start date of your previous internship.
- 目前是 EnterprisePlus，为中小型企业而设的计划
- Is financially stable and has been trading for at least one year without any registered CCJs
- Has not received an internship grant from the RSC in the past 12 months†
If you are awarded a graduate internship grant you will be asked to agree to the 条款和条件 授予.
† If the company has previously had an internship grant then you may apply again 12 months after the start date of the previous intern employed.
您可以使用专用的应用程序门户申请授权. Here you can view your application as well as upload any necessary information for the recruitment and payment processes.
- A description of the internship project and the expected learning outcomes
You will typically receive a decision on your application within one month of submission. Once a decision has been made, you will receive an email notifying you of the outcome.
- 公司提出的技术项目质量. The intern must be working on a project that has significant chemistry content with a defined outcome. The internship is not for routine work and should contain an aspect of chemistry-based research and development.
- Ability 的intern to make concrete achievements during the internship
- Technical expertise and management experience of the internship supervisor
- Extent of the project to provide the intern with new skills and experience – both technical and transferrable
- Likelihood of a permanent role 的intern after the end of their placement
- Priority in awarding an internship grant is given to those who have not previously received one. If you have previously received an industrial placement grant or apprenticeship grant, 这不会影响你申请实习津贴的能力.
If you are unclear whether your internship would meet this selection criteria, please contact email@example.com and we will be happy to provide further information or set up a call before you apply.
If your application is successful then we will be able to conditionally award you £4,给intern200英镑的薪水. Please note that the payment is conditional on the basis of the internship meeting our 条款和条件.
Please familiarise yourself with the intern eligibility and ensure that you recruit your intern within 3个月. 如果你觉得你可能需要更长的Recruitment时间，请 365体育娱乐平台网址 讨论.
Once you have selected a candidate for your internship you will need to complete the CV and start form tasks in the 在线应用门户.
- Have evidence of the intern’s most recent qualification – the intern must have at least a BSc qualification at the time of commencement of the internship and must not be in full time education
- 查看你的受雇权详情 intern – please ensure that the 最低工资要求 are met for the entirety of the internship period
一旦你的任务被提交, we will process them and send your intern an email introducing them to the RSC internship scheme and providing details of how they can claim their one year’s free membership.
When recruiting your intern, please ensure that the successful recruit meets all of the 条款和条件 格兰特的.
- Must be a newly recruited individual that has not been previously employed by the company
- Must have at least a completed BSc qualification in Chemistry or an equivalent subject
- 不能接受全日制教育(例如, Masters or Postgraduate students are not eligible as internship recruits)
- Must have graduated within the last three calendar years or be returning from a career break
- Should be available for full time employment at the end of their internship, i.e. they should not be due to start further education or another job at the end of their internship
We have selected these criteria to increase the change of retention following the project. Whilst it is not a necessity 的intern to be employed after the internship to receive the grant, if the intern does not meet the criteria above then you may not be eligible to receive your grant at the completion of your internship.
We understand that it can be difficult to find the right recruit at the right time. 帮你完成Recruitment流程, we have created the following information to guide you through the recruitment of an intern for your Royal Society of Chemistry Graduate internship project.
This guide covers the sourcing, interviewing, and finalisation of the employment of your recruits.
我们提供£4,给intern200英镑的薪水 regardless of the length of the internship or working hours of the intern. 请确保您熟悉 intern就业权利 as it is the company's responsibility to ensure that they are meeting the 最低工资要求 的intern.
If you are employing your intern for more than 3个月 and the hours worked will mean that the £4,200 does not meet the minimum wage then you will need to provide additional 资金 from your company budget to ensure that this requirement is met. 你可能会发现 这个政府太l useful to check that the salary offered meets the minimum wage requirement.
If you require guidance on the salary to offer your intern to help you attract high quality talent, 看到我们的 2019年薪酬和奖励调查, which offers a benchmark for salaries for chemists in the United Kingdom.
A number of our internship companies choose to offer additional 资金 to supplement the salary of their intern to ensure that they are offering competitive rates and securing the best talent for their roles.
你的intern会需要的 在应用程序门户中完成反馈任务 在他们完成三个月的实习之前.
You will have been sent an email asking you to set them up to provide their feedback as a recommendation, please ensure you set them up in the system as soon as your intern is recruited so we can ensure the recommendation is completed on time.
We will pay this grant as a lump sum 3个月 after the intern’s start date. In order for us to process your internship payment, you will need to provide:
- 向intern支付全部助学金的证明, normally payslips (ideally with National Insurance and address redacted)
一旦你准备好了这些, you can then fill out the feedback and payment task available in the application portal. Once we have received and processed these details, payment 授予 is typically a quick process.
请注意，助学金的发放是有条件的 条款和条件 得到满足.
Please also be aware that if you are employing the intern on a part-time basis you should discuss this with us first, 因为这可能会影响补助金的支付日期.
See what our EnterprisePlus companies said about the scheme in previous years:
一定要去做. The interns bring in a different way of thinking which will really improve the business as well as bring in new skills which you may be missing.
The intern joined the product development team and showed an excellent willingness to learn and contribute to the various projects we are running. A quick learning pattern was demonstrated by her having helped our effort to progress on our projects and meet the objectives set.
We were looking to recruit a new junior chemist and we used the internship grant to enable us to evaluate the skill set of the intern. 由于她证明了自己的能力，她得到了一个永久职位.
你是在找行业实习岗位吗? We have prepared some guidance for how you can find an internship role and the benefits available to interns.阅读我们的导游
- 01223 432361
- +44 (0)1223 432646